Blue Coast Records’ first release features exceptional acoustic recordings performed live in the studio without the use of headphones, overdubs or digital effects. Label founder, and five time Grammy-Nominated producer/engineer, Cookie Marenco, assembled a cast of world-class performers, engineers and technicians familiar with her passion for audio excellence and appreciation of skilled musicianship.
The recording sessions led to a patent-pending recording technique called Extended Sound Environment (E.S.E.). Originally conceptualized for the surround environment, E.S.E. makes use of room and direct microphone placement to optimize full tonal response from the instruments and character of the room while allowing the musicians to position themselves to hear and respond to each other without the use of headphones. Attention to eliminating phase, blending the room and direct mics, creating balanced dynamics, monitoring while recording in surround all under Marenco’s production guidance brought stunning results that truly places the listener in an audio hologram of the music.
- Looking For A Home – Keith Greeninger & Dayan Kai (5:49)
- Slow Day – Jane Selkye & Chris Kee (4:04)
- Lilianna – José Manuel Blanco & Jason McGuire (4:05)
- Darcy Farrow – Rob Ickes & Tony Furtado (3:13)
- The Dog Song – Garett Brennan (6:10)
- Tamalpais – Tony Furtado (2:00)
- Immediately Blessed – Keith Greeninger & Dayan Kai (7:13)
- In Love Before the Last Call – Jane Selkye & Chris Kee (4:59)
- Romance – Jason McGuire (4:01)
- These Knees – Garett Brennan (2:45)
- The Waves of Kilkee – Rob Ickes (2:56)
- Finale – Glen Moore (2:07)