These are the first tracks from some of Jenna’s now classic early albums that have been remixed for high resolution audio from the original analog tapes and DSD sessions. Slated to be part of a “Producer’s Choice” series on Blue Coast Records, both “Dirty Work” (a Steely Dan cover) and “Lotus Blossom” sound as fresh today as when they first came out more than 10 years ago.
Originally produced by Cookie Marenco, the musicianship on these recordings combine with Jenna’s intimate vocal sound to create a spacious groove. With Matt Rollings on B-3 organ, Paul McCandless on soprano sax, André Bush on Guitar, James Genus on bass and John Mader on drums, Jenna’s vocals and multiple harmonies will remind some of Joni Mitchell’s work on Court and Spark. On “Lotus Blossom” the rhythm section is joined by Rob Burger on accordion opening a new sonic spectrum.
Remixed by Cookie Marenco for Blue Coast Records from 2″ analog tape and DSD sessions to DSD 256, we hope you enjoy these wonderful pieces!
- Dirty Work – Jenna Mammina (4:34)
- Lotus Blossom – Jenna Mammina (3:39)
- You Can Close Your Eyes – Jenna Mammina & Matt Rollings (4:22)
- Watching The Detectives – Jenna Mammina (5:00)
- Wicked Game – Jenna Mammina & Rolf Sturm (4:17)
- Running to Stand Still – Jenna Mammina (4:41)
- Pictures and Paintings – Jenna Mammina (4:22)
- I Hope That I Don’t Fall In Love With You – Jenna Mammina (5:38)
- Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight – Jenna Mammina (2:41)
- When I’m Called Home – Jenna Mammina & John R. Burr (4:41)